Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FREE ZOO!!

Yesterday we headed to Bear Hollow Wilderness Trail. Basically, it was a free zoo! yeah for free!! :) They have about 10-15 different animals along the trail, in their natural habitat, just fenced in. It was awesome! Not only was it free, it was all shaded, too! Can't be that in this humid place! At the end of the trail there was a lake. We named it 'turtle lake' because we saw sooo many turtles swimming there. After the walk around the lake we found some picnic and playground areas and had some fun! I made pb&j's for us and made sure to pack Grady's differently so I'd know which one was his, because of his honey allergy. (I accidentally bought pb with honey in it, so he has to have the other pb.) Well, he reacted to it, so I think we might have a peanut allergy on our hands. I've always said I don't have time or patience for people with food allergies, so I guess this is my punishment! Anyway, we had a lot of fun. Then we headed to an orchard I found online to get some peach ice cream...

Posted by Picasa


And, seriously, when in Georgia, one must consume lots of these...



Today, we did a little bit of fishing! Well, sort of! My kids have some practice reels, so they practiced, but Gramps says that Winni is ready to fish for real! She is sooo excited!







Gramps wasn't sure if he could handle all 3 kids on the boat by himself, so Grady stayed with me on the shore. He didn't like that much!



He eventually got to go out on the boat too and had fun...until Winni hit him in the head with the oar. oops! Now that the kids know there is a lake at Gramps, I think we'll be spending more time over on the bank throwing rocks in!

5 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

It looks like you are having fun! How do you do the collage of pictures on your blog??

Julie said...

Great posts!! It sounds like you guys are having an awesome time vacationing with the Gramps and Nana. You gotta forsure explore all that land!

Elise said...

Free Zoo Fun! your so good and outgoing with your kids, way to be. And i bet the peaches are amazing....i lovce peaches. Let me know if Winni is as good a fisherwoman as her cousin :)

Melinda said...

Let's hope Grady grows out of his food allergies!

Rebecca said...

looks so fun. I hope you don't have peanut allergies. That can be so confusing. Glad you are having fun.