Thursday, June 18, 2009

not exactly...

The other night I was trying to blog. I started uploading pictures and it was taking FOREVER! So, I headed to bed to let it upload while I got my 'beauty sleep.' My husband decided to help me out. He pushed publish, and, well, that's what you saw for my last post. Turns out it was completely backward. While Elise is a good fisherwoman, she aint THAT good! She can't exactly catch a gold fish with a bowl. I mean, she hasn't tried. She probably could, but that's beside the point. What I was working on was this...

Tuesday night my niece, Elise, came to see us. She drove the 5 hours trip from Connecticut...and it only took her 8 hours! Poor girl! Her car over-heated in traffic in the Bronx of NYC! Luckily she was able to get someone to help her fix it and she made it to our house in one piece! So, on Wednesday we started having some fun!

We started on our 'Father's Day' crafts! Nothing helps you be a better, more creative mom than having another mom/mom-to-be in the house. It helps a lot. So we headed to Michaels and bought the goods. Just for a little background, we have turtles. We had 3 when we moved out here, but quickly we came down to 1 when 2 of them got out of their temporary cage and we haven't seen them since. One thing we like to feed out turtles, on occasion, is fish. They love them. It's fun to watch the turtles chase and catch the fish. My kids know all about the circle of life now. So, anyway, Walter decided to reward the last turtle for staying with us by feeding her fish. After 2 weeks there was still 1 fish left. Our turtle started acting weird and looking sick, so we decided that maybe the fish was making her sick. That's when we decided to let the goldfish go in our lake. And, that is what these pictures are of. Elise releasing the fish... a little different from catching a fish.

Saying good-bye to the fishy...let's name her Shakira! (notice, I name everything Shakira, therefore, there are too many Shakiras in our family...so we can't name the baby that!)


Bye fishy fishy

And, she's off! FREEDOM!!



After the lake, and because an extra mom around means more fun for everyone, we headed to the mall to ride the carousel. Winni has been wanting and asking to ride this carousel every time we go to the mall and I just can't do it without help. Well, I had help, so we took on the challenge. It was fun!

Posted by Picasa


If you can't tell by the look on my face, I don't do well going round in circles. So, one ride was enough. But, I survived! And my kids loved it! Grady screamed as we took him off the ride. He could have stayed on all day, if you couldn't tell by that smile on his face!!

Today we headed to Chestertown to show Elise 'the goods!' And...we have shingles!!



Our neighbors told us about a beach that is not too far from our house, like 20 minutes, so we got some Subway sandwiches and headed to Betterton Beach! As soon as we had our lunches in hand it started POURING!!



We enjoyed our picnic in the car and as soon as we were done, the sky was blue and the sun started shining. We had so much fun!!

 
Posted by Picasa


Grady is a little crazy when it comes to the beach! He headed straight for the water over and over and over again! By the end of the afternoon he was soaked! We didn't bring swimming suits cause it wasn't going to be warm enough, but it was and my kids made the most of it! I am so excited to enjoy this beach a lot more!

After our fun adventure, we met Walter for dinner at Annie's! It was recommended to us by some people at church. We decided to try it out and it was yummy...and fancy. With a live piano player and all!



It was yummy...and pretty!!



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like fun. I'm so glad Elise has a fun aunt to have babies with. The food looks yummy. I guess I missed the eating out everyday portion of this adventure. I hope Walter had a good father's day and loved his homemade gifts.

Missy said...

You guys always have so much fun! I love the adventures you've been on lately. I'm almost inspired to go out and do more with our summer... almost :)
I'm so glad your house is coming on so well. I'm sure you're all crazy excited to move in.