Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Aha moments!

I learned a few things today!

1. Breakfast isn't as fun to go out to with 3 children at 8 in the morning when EVERYONE is starving!

2. I don't know where IHOP is!

3. It would be a lot more fun if my GPS would talk back to me. Maybe if it said something like, "I told you to turn!" Then I'd feel better about yelling at it when it makes me drive circles around a mall parking lot looking for IHOP!

4. I have to take my dog outside, with my children, a few times a day. I must take him to the spot I want him to do his business, tell him to go, then turn him in a circle a few times to get things going. Who has who trained??

Things Winni learned today

1. Mom is unpacking things, and likes them in a certain order...don't mess with it!!

2. This is an apartment, not a hotel.

3. We have moved here, and won't be home in just a minute!

We had a nice cry together as she realized she can't play with Eli, Quinci and Jaxynn! We haven't even discussed Ellie and Katie yet! She keeps wanting to go to church, which I think is her way of saying she wants to see her friends. We haven't even touched on the Gwen issue. So far she has colored 2 pictures for her. Although, I could use Gwen about now!! She also keeps telling me that she has no friends. Preaching to the choir babe! I guess we've got each other!

On a happier note, thanks to my GPS, I did find a Wal-Mart, Chipotle, and a Noodles & Company!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I love the new header photo. Glad you moved into an apartment and not a hotel. You'll make friends in no time. How can you not love Amber? Does Baltimore have a Target?

The Peterson 5 said...

I'm glad you got there safe and survived the plane ride with 3 kids...I had to do that on the way home from Florida all alone without Steve. It's never fun! We were the last ones to load before it took off...We got a few "looks" when they saw us coming down the isle. Good Luck Amber!! We hope you guys adjust quickly!!

Lori said...

You do have friends -- they are just back in Murray! We miss you so much already. Gwen even has to go to graduation tomorrow because there are not any Gunters to hang with. Stick with it, it will get better.

The Petersons said...

I AM still crying. We miss you so much. Winnie will be ok after a couple of years.

youreprettytoo said...

My dumb blog roll hasn't been working so I didn;t know you had updated so much! Both your blogs made me cry. I miss you so much. Everytime the doorbell rings I think it might be you with a pan of cinnamon rolls for me. Although I think you could use a visit more than me! Katie asked if she could play with Winni yesterday. I told her Winni lives far away now.:( Talk to you soon.

Rebecca said...

So sorry.

Lori said...

This is Gwen:
I miss you guys so much. there is nothing to do now. none of my friends live near me now. except Emma but she is moving too.I love you guys a lot and i miss you too. I cry some times because I miss you so much. I hope to see you guys in New york or where ever my mom told you to meet us.Love you guys a lot, Gwennie