Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Did you know??

Florida is HOT! I mean, as in, hotter than Hades?!? And we are only at the top. Not sure how we are going to survive. We tried to go to a park today, and after about 10 minutes we were DONE! But, while at the park we found this...



and what do you do when you find a raccoon in a garbage can? Well, you check the other garbage can! And, sure enough...



Then, after we had sweat enough to look as if we were swimming, we headed to the beach! This beach was great! We never actually made it to the ocean, but just before it there was this 'splash zone' where the kids could play in water and sand, along with a playground.

 
Posted by Picasa


It was the best! A life saver, even! We could have stayed there all day. We basically did, and now I have a sunburn to remind me of the fun we had! Luckily, the kids only have minor sunburns!

Then tonight, after dinner (once the temp had dropped) we headed out to downtown St. Augustine. It was really pretty! It's really old and we had fun looking at the new shops in the old buildings.

We found a friend along the way. It was a Beethoven dog! Currently, he weighs in at 155, but he's got another 15 lbs to put on before he is done growing! HOLY CRAP! Speaking of...I'd hate to be the one cleaning up after this dog!



He sure was a pretty dog, though!

We also walked along the water and had fun playing with crabs! I'm not a fan of crabs. There is just something wrong with them. I mean, they walk sideways!! They kind of creep me out! Me and my sunburn got to pose along the walk with the kids!



What a beautiful place this is. We hit the road again tomorrow. Going farther south! Something is wrong with my brain, for sure! St Augustine = too hot, so what does that make Naples?? A short visit!

2 comments:

Jennifer Never said...

You tourist. All you need is an English accent to go along with that sunburn.

Melinda said...

I'm sorry we didn't take you out more while you were here. I am so boring!! I forget we live in a touristy town. I just don't like going outside in the summer and I think you are learning why. Air conditioning was invented for a reason.