Thursday, June 5, 2008

Calling All Super Readers!!



To the BOOK CLUB! OK, not really! But I do have a "super big problem!" Mom & Dad have decided to sale the house. (is that the right context of sale? does anybody know how to use these 2 words correctly?!? sale/sell ahhhhh!!!!) However, the buyers are an older couple with no kids at home. HELLO!! This is not what I had planned. I understand that I don't get to choose who buys the house, but I can try to mix it up a bit! My plan is this. I'm telling ALL of you that the house is up for sale, sorta. If you know of any young families who would like to live in Murray have we got the house for you!! So, come and buy my childhood home, so that the fun in the Peterson house can continue. Oh, and if the "older couple" finds out my evil ways, no offense. I'm just selfish! :)

6 comments:

Micaela said...

I think you use "sale" when it's an object and "sell" when it's a person accomplishing the act. For example "We are going to sell the house" or "The house is for sale"

The dictionary says:
SALE: the act of selling; especially : the exchange of property for a price

SELL: to exchange in return for money or something else of value

Yeah, ok basically the same thing- you just use one or the other according to the subject. So, not sure you actually wanted to know, but you did ask :).

Anyway, I'm sorry that the buyers don't have any kids to make memories in the home. Grandkids? Happy 4th to Grady!

Melinda said...

Why are your parents selling?

Micaela said...

Please pardon my wife's fascination with grammatical correctness.

The Peterson 5 said...

You and Walter should buy it & keep the Peterson fun alive!!

Lori said...

I agree with Steve and Sally, you and Walter should buy the house. What will happen to Gwen if you move and take your children? She will be scarred for life!!

Unknown said...

Honey, we can still visit you know...love you