Saturday, June 21, 2008

Manti Mormon Miracle Pageant



Tonight, after celebrating my mom's 65th birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!, in Manti at my sister Becky's house, we headed on over to Temple Hill to watch The Mormon Miracle Pageant. The city of Manti puts on this pageant every year. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember. I've got the show memorized! This time I really wasn't excited to take my 3 little ones to a mosquito infested audience to watch a 2 hour show that started at 930 PM. But, I went anyway. And I'm so glad I did. For some reason, this time was so special!! I really enjoyed it. Luckily Trae and Grady fell asleep before it started, and Winni fell asleep within the 1st 1/2 hour. So NICE! But the thing that hit me the most is that The Book of Mormon is TRUE! I already knew that, but it made me want to go home and read it all night long. I felt like it was being introduced to me for the 1st time. It was amazing! I even found myself crying during the production. The things that Joseph went through to get this book to us. The true stories that lie within the pages of turmoil & heartache over disobedience and greed, along with the joy & rejoicing of faithful servants. It was all so perfect! It also helped me to realize that I am not doing enough to prove myself worthy. I want the angels to sing when I return home to my Savior! What a wonderful night. What a choice experience. And what timing! I realized even more that I need to get my priorities in order. I need to spend more time with my kids, teaching them about Christ. I need to know more for myself! And, I need to live it! I know I belong to the True and Living Church! I belong!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love it! Now I am really sad I didn't go. I am happy your testimony was renewed. I need a boost too.

Kimmie said...

It has been a long time since I have been to the Manti pageant. Chelsey and Jeremy went Thursday night! Jaron was going to go with them but went to Youth Conference instead. These are things that I remember doing as part of the "Giles" monthly get togethers. Love, your cous, Kimberly

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you enjoyed pageant. It is amazing to me that the spirit can be so strong outside on a hill so far awy from the performance but I still have those witnesses of truth and love it.