Monday, June 23, 2008

Shopping is EVIL!!


Why is it that we never have enough?!? I go shopping for one thing, say a white shirt, but while shopping for that white shirt I find some cute pants. So, to go with those cute pants, I'll need some fab shoes! What's the deal?? Luckily, for my husband, I refuse to pay full price for anything. However, sometimes that means I shop more than I should because of a "sale", because it's Ross, so it's OK! Well, it's not!! Tonight I went to Nordstrom Rack to find a cute skirt because I feel like I dress like a slob when I go to church. I don't own any dresses, just skirts, and I never iron them!! Totally gross! I know! So tonight I went looking for a skirt. I didn't find any I really liked, but I did find some cute pants for only $20! I also found this cute tank top I can wear as either a cover up over my swimsuit, or with a cute shirt underneath, or even as an undershirt with cute lacy stuff on the bottom. AWESOME! Well, now I seem to think I need some colorful shade shirts to go under it. Oh yeah, and a cute swimsuit. Last week while at Steve & Barry's I found a cute mini skirt for the beach! I also found a cute hoodie shirt and decided that I need a swimsuit with red bottoms so I can look cute at the beach in my new hoodie shirt, ya know, for when I take the mini skirt off, but am not ready to commit to the water, or going around in just my suit. Which brings me to my next dilemma...the twins don't "ahem" like they should. They are either squished into submission or sagging. It also doesn't help when I go into the dressing room to try stuff on and find that I forgot to put myself back together after the last time I nursed Grady! So now I either need some reconstructive surgery or an amazing bra. While I'm at it, I might as well get a tummy tuck too, but drastic measures should probably wait until I'm done having kids. So I go the amazing bra route, but I'm sure once I go into VS I'll find some other miracle that promises to lift and enhance. Walter should really take my credit card and my van away! At least until he graduates!! Why is it so hard?!? Why is shopping so evil?? And I still need a skirt!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Amen sister! Are you sure you and I weren't separated at birth?? We would be baaaaad shopping buddies :) At least we would be getting AWESOME deals!

Rebecca said...

Wow, I leave the computer alone for one day and 'wham' you have been so busy again. I love it. Shopping is definitely more fun when you have plenty of money and find things that make you look and feel good. Good luck.

Melinda said...

That is so funny! It's all about looking "cute." Dresses just don't work when you are nursing. So yeah, I'm all about skirts. You can do what I do and buy it all and return it a month later. I find I binge shop when I've been cooped up in the house too long. Lately I've been food storage bingeing. I just can't get enough pasta. All the different shapes are so "cute." Ok and I think I am out of it. What is "VS?" Did I just embarrass myself by asking that? I hope you find a skirt!

amberjill said...

Melinda, it's Victoria's Secret! And yes, you did just embarrass yourself!! It's cause they don't sell nursing bras. If they did you would know! :)

Melinda said...

Ahhh! That makes more sense. I was thinking it was some sort of abbreviation for menopause.

VS doesn't sell nursing bras? That's odd. I wouldn't know because I can't afford to shop there. I've never used a nursing bra because I think they are more trouble than they're worth. I hook myself up with $8.97 padded bras from Walmart. I've given up on trying to look sexy.

Jennifer Never said...

Take the mini skirt back...that seems to be the root of all this evil.

Missy said...

You make me laugh, Amber. That is the kind of rant I would take if I were justifying purchases... which I do often in my own head and sometimes forget to tell Joey about (the purchases that is... whoops.)