Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

To all the Father's in our lives who didn't get to see us on Father's Day! I could also put it, to all the Walter's in our lives who didn't get to see us on Father's Day! Either way...we love you so much!! Here is a recap of how we celebrated how grateful we are to have you in our lives!

We went to church "Walter style"! (I say Walter style because he always tells me to not fight the kids over what they are to wear. So I didn't!) After we got dressed, I asked the kids to get socks and shoes on. Here is what they came up with. I was going to wear my tall boots, so I needed some thicker socks. I got my own socks, but Trae decided I should wear my heels. Wha La!!



In primary they made these cute little Tie cookies for their dads! I was so excited!! I took a picture to send to Walter...



Then I talked to him online and let him watch me enjoy his cookie!



I got a little carried away, and ate both of them! OOOps!! So, I sent one of the bookmarks to Walter and let my dad have the other. Only, when I gave my dad the other bookmark, it was still attached to the bag the cookie was once in. BUSTED! Oh Dad, I'm saving you the calories!!



When we got home from church the aroma in the house made me want to lick the walls!! Luckily I contained myself and licked this instead!



Hahahaha OK, I didn't really lick the fat off of the brisket, but I wouldn't blame anyone if they got a little carried away. This was my first time making brisket and it was sooooo goood!! I used The Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe. I would totally do it again! However, I think a 10 lb brisket for 4 people was a little bit too much!

And, of course, at church all the Primary kids got up and sang to their dads and grandpas. I was only able to get Winni to go up there if I went up there. She was willing to stand there, but not willing to sing. However, she sang for me when we got home...ENJOY!!



Sorry about the nudity! I didn't want her to get jelly all over her pretty dress!

3 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

I love the white socks with the heels!! Zack always escapes with the wrong shoes for church. Even when we had our Peterson family pictures taken he got out of the car in his old pirate tennis shoes, not his nice brown church shoes. Then there is Steve....he went to work the other day with one brown & one black shoe. He didn't realize it until he was in a meeting with like 30 other people. Getting dressed is hard work even when your old(like Steve) ha-ha!!

jerbonashfoy said...

I love the idea that you let your kids decide what they want! I like that the have the option to be free spirits.

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad the day went well. The brisket looks great. I could almost smell it. Maybe you should bring some here. I also want to wish Walter a happy father's day. It will be nice when you are home again.