Friday, May 30, 2008

The Apple that fell FAR from the Tree!

On occasion, when I'm really having a hard time getting Winni to stay in her bed at night, I resort to bribes. I try to mask it a little bit by asking Winni what she wants for breakfast? She usually says she wants pancakes. So I tell her that if she stays in her bed and goes to sleep, I'll make pancakes in the morning. This morning I decided to be an extra cool mom and use my "sneaky chef" cookbook. It has a recipe for Chocolate Chip Pancakes. It calls for a bunch of good for you stuff, so you put the chocolate chips in to mask the texture of the wheat germ. Anyway, Trae ate 2 and Winni ate 1, so I thought we were doing good. Then, tonight as it was almost 11 PM and Winni was refusing to stay in her bed, I pulled out the bribe. She was falling for it and requested pancakes, but this time there was a stipulation. She said, "I want pancakes, but I don't want any chocolate on them!" WHAT!?!? Whose child are you? I guess tomorrow will be chocolate less pancakes!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is what I am talking about. hahahaha Winni is so cool. Can't get anything past her can we? I love you hunny and wish I could be there having 'fun' with 'you'.