Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh, sorry I forgot!!

Do you ever find yourself, around 11 AM, wondering why you couldn't have just skipped this day? Or why you weren't prepared mentally for this? After a wonderful night of kids taking turns waking up, for the 2nd night in a row, I should have expected this. However, at this point, I don't exactly remember everything that I forgot. hahahaha The other day at the store I was so proud of myself for remembering to buy kids soap, then I even remembered to bring it with me up to Logan! I went to use it on the kids this morning and as I put it in Winni's hair something seemed wrong....no bubbles! It was lotion. So I asked Kaden to grab the bottle up above me. I went to use it....conditioner! OK grab the little bottle that is left....body wash! Finally, we found a sample of shampoo! Then, it was my turn to shower. So, I went to gather my things so I could get dressed in the bathroom and....oooops!! I forgot to pack myself pants! And, I forgot to pack Sunday clothes for the kids. I got me a skirt, but no shoes. ugh! I'll look so cute with my tan skirt and gray NIKE shox! So, as I'm enjoying Dan & Steph's fantastic shower I realized...um, I forgot to get a towel! Luckily, Steph had some towels hanging in the bathroom. Ya know, the ones you have more as a compliment to the bathroom rather than to be used. Well, I used it! (sorry Steph) So, I get dressed and decided to borrow some pants. Just for fun I looked at Stephs pants. Well, we know I'm not a size 8 nor am I 5' nothin!! So, I opted for Dan's pants. Sadly (not that you are fat, Dan, but...ya know) they fit. Well, around the waist. They are still a little short! hahahaha Anyway...I can only hope and pray that my kids take a good nap today so that I can atleast fall asleep and pretend to start the day again.

8 comments:

Missy said...

Oh, Amber, moments like that totally rock. I like to blame them on anything other than my own stupidity like... "I'm pregnant," "I'm a mom", or "I was abducted??"

Anna said...

amber i love your blog! you totally got the top two AI contestants right - i'm still not sure which one i want to win though... i love that other people have those scatter brained days too, thanks for making me feel better! ;)

amberjill said...

lol, I don't know anyone as hair brained as that!! Oh wait, yes I do. You call her MOTHER!

Melinda said...

So what did you guys wear to church?

Tamra said...

No pictures of your family all dressed for church?? I think tennies are meant to be work with dresses, espeically if you have more than one child, you still gotta chase 'um-don't ya?

amberjill said...

hahaha, that would have made for a great picture, but instead we came home and went to my ward. the kids weren't too happy, but they survived!! :)

Julie said...

Wow, you are really losing it!!

Julie said...

I thought I posted a comment, but I didn't realize I was logged in under you.