Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dance Halloween Party

Apparently when I got the call to have Winni wear her costume to dance class this week I didn't read the small print which stated I was to make a very cute and creative goody bag for the kids! I guess you could say I'm new to the whole give other people's kids stuff. Like birthday parties. You come to my kids birthday party, I feed you cake and ice cream in exchange for the gift you gave (or didn't give) my child. Then, I'm supposed to make a gift bag for your child?? I'm so confused. Am I not the one who endured 9 months of pregnancy and then child birth?? What did you bring me??? OOOoops, sorry! This wasn't supposed to go that way. Anyway, now you know how I feel and why your child will leave my children's birthday parties empty-handed. Unless I have leftover cake!

Back to the Halloween party....Here she is with her dancing friends..


Wonder Woman, TinkerBell, Ariel, and Uniqua!!

Here are the treats they brought. Well, at least the packages they brought them in. Very creative and crafty. Very impressive! I vote for them for room mother!








When I got there and other kids had treats to share I thought, ah crap!! So, I ran over to Albertsons and got a treat to share. Now, presentation might not be the best, but I heard cheers when Winni handed out her treats!!



And, of course, my frozen little Wonder Woman. It's so convenient that she doesn't grow all that fast. Her elephant costume lasted 2 years, and here is the 2nd year at being Wonder Woman. Heck, this costume has a good 2 more years in it!

8 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

Was that "didn't give" a present comment directed at me? I have a sneakin' suspicion it was! And you can join me in the underachieving party mother's club. I don't give out party favors at birthday parties- I HATE receiving them becasue they are usually full of crap that I have to just throw away. Also I sent katie to her dance class with little bags of m&m's I had just bought at Shopko 5 minutes before. And she got several cutesy bags back. But come on people- the kids don;t care. All they want is the candy or treat. The crafty bags are just for the mothers and I will not give in! I usually don't have a strong opinion about everything- but I do about this. I'm glad I have a friend in you converning this very important matter. And that's all I have to say about that!

Melinda said...

Love the Wonder Woman costume! I'm sure the cupcakes were the best treat!

Rebecca said...

I think it has to do with the way we were brought up. I don't think a lot about presentation, extra gifts for every purpose. In fact, I don't like to be told I have to give something. Ya their stuff is cute and I like it but what happened to keep it simple and sweet. We all have enough to do with out impressing each other at every turn. I say boycott it all and just be glad to have the gift of friendship (with some refreshments, of course).

Julie said...

NO PARTY FAVORS CLUB. I am going to start one of these. I think its ridiculous too. Winni is the cutest wonder woman ever. I can't wait for Q to wear it 2 years in a row.

The Peterson 5 said...

I love Winni's costume...too cute!!

Findlay Family said...

I am totally in the "don't give a party favor club" why stress over something to give other kids when you have a whole party to plan??? Way cute wonder woman.

Bekah said...

I am all about the arts and crafts, but I don't remember there being gift bags when we were kids - and it looks like we all survived. As long as the kids have fun that should be all that matters.

Natalie said...

Winni looks so cute! Have a happy halloween!