Sunday, October 19, 2008

Me??? Cook??

Why yes! While I do enjoy good food, I find that sometimes the best way to get it is to invite myself to someone else's house, or find a fun recipe and cook it myself. Sometimes, I combine the 2!

Last year Marv helped Walter, a ton, with the lovely Greenhouse. Or hillbilly hut, depending on who you are. Anyway, we wanted to take him and his wife, Amy, out to dinner to say thanks. Well, we didn't quite get to it and the next thing we knew, Amy and I both had our 3rd babies in 3 (or less) years. I finally got around to it this week. I decided to make the dinner I had made for cooking club. It was so yummy!! So, I thought I'd share it with y'all!!

The MENU:

Electric Lady Blackberry Lemonade
Ragin Hormones Free Chicken marinated in Forbidden Nights Moroccan Pesto
You Goat, Girl
Spaghetti Squash with Hot Lips Chili Butter

For the recipes, along with many other wonderful recipes, click HERE.

The Chicken, grillin away



The Chili Butter, ready for a smashin!



You Goat, Girl! Which is a really yummy Green Bean Salad! It has figs, walnuts and goat cheese! mmmmm yummm!!



So, I think the Goeck's enjoyed the meal. And, it was fun to let the kids play! The chili butter also goes great on corn on the cob, or corn in the skillet, or on bread as a sort of garlic bread. Ahh....just use it on whatever! I'm sure it would be a good shaving cream too, just slather it on! But don't cut yourself, ewwww wee! Chili powder on open wounds probably isn't a good idea. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

looks good. Is it a ton of work?

amberjill said...

so easy!! a lot of it can be made ahead.

Missy said...

That looks so yummy! Love the pics of your kids on the computers... couldn't see that one comin' ;)