Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A HA!!

So, as I have been laying on the floor for the past 2 days I have been able to accomplish....nothing! I've been in pain due to my back. I believe I slipped the disc again, or something like that. Either way, I've been whining since last Tuesday! My poor husband! Anyway, I had a wonderful a ha moment. It went something like this...my kids are cool! I just can't believe I helped make these little people. (I'm a pretty big deal at my house!) I really truly loved just laying on the floor and playing with them. Not a care in the world. Well, maybe the occasional put food in the kids followed by changing a poopy diaper. But, other than that we just played and watched movies. I cannot tell you how many hugs and kisses I got these last 2 days. My house, on the other hand, didn't feel so loved. But, ya know what??? My kids need their mom. I would much rather them hug me than the vacuum. I want them to know me more than their toys. And I want them to think I'm cooler than Dora. If I can accomplish these things, I will have won! As long as the prize is the love of my children and a longing to spend lots of time with them, I'll take the days on the floor.

3 comments:

Julie said...

So I just went through and read like 9 posts...you know I like to comment...but man. Could you actually post on the date it claims instead of sneaking up on us all at once. Congrats for being an aunt...I think your a great cook...the witches were fun...do you have a pic of me and my kids...I love winni's glasses...Winni's got some serious dance moves...If I was Trae I would act cool too...DJ Cool G is a big dork...Suzie and Trae make a cute couple...you are a great mom. Way to be forced to hang out with your kids on the floor all day and actually enjoy it. I think your cooler than Dora.

Missy said...

You rock, Amber. I'm so sorry about your poor back; thats especially hard with kids. Good thing they're adaptable! -About the dinner post before, at least you have dinner ready for the next night!

Rebecca said...

You are an amazing mom.You are doing those things that are most important and you are a great example and reminder to me of priorities I should have, thanks.