Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starring...Winifred, and those other Primary Children!

Today was our primary program at church. The primary consists of all the children in our ward (congregation) ages 3-11. Which, of course, includes Winni. She even had a line to say. This is what she said, "My name is Winni Gunter. I am a Child of God. I am special because I'm 3 years old (3 fingers up) and my name starts with a W (turn fingers around to show a 'W')" She did a great job, and she knew it! As soon as she was done, she got down from the microphone and did a little side leap of sorts for everyone! Then, throughout the program she would wave to mom and dad and everybody else. At one point, Kari, who was strategically placed between Winni and her friend Katie, turned to Winni and asked her who she was pointing at. She looked at her and said, "all those people!" You know, because all those people were there to see her and her shining moment! She was doing what any other 3 yr old star would do! She's so funny. At the practice yesterday Winni would not sing. Kari was trying to get her to sing and she wouldn't. She tried encouraging her by praising the kids around her for their singing. She turned to Winni and said, "Isn't Sam singing so good, Winni?" My sweet little (cough cough stubborn) girl turned to her and said, "I know, I'm not!!" I guess the reverse psychology eventually worked because today she sang...most of the time!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMPS!!
(THE FIRST!)

6 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

I'm the first to leave a comment!- Woo Hoo! Your daughter is hilarious and glad i could share those stories so they could make the blog! Oh and Happy Birthday Walter. October is such a popular month!

Findlay Family said...

HOLY CRAP, is right..so I felt the same way. After I saw you and kept walking I thought, "why didn't I go in and say hi?" So I am glad that you found me. And your family is soo cute. How is it having 3 kids??? I want another one (not right now, but later) but I am nervous..I always hear that 3 is the hardest.

Tamra said...

2 - 4 years old my favorite age-at least until they can help do dishes. They do the cutest things. I am impressed just reading about her 3 years with 3 fingers and W

Melinda said...

Ok, you're off the hook for blog slacking. Back pain is the WORSE! Tell Walter to take good care of you. Perhaps you can dictate your blog posts to him.

Kamille said...

At least she didn't pick her nose for you.

Rebecca said...

I am so privileged to know the star of the primary program and be related too. Isn't the ward lucky that she jumped ahead to sunbeams--such a wonder.