Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tonight I finally made dinner. It's been pretty scary the last few days at our house. But, tonight I mustered up the desire to make a meal for my family. I pulled out the crockpot, put in 3 chicken breasts, covered them in catalina dressing and pushed GO! So, after all my hard work, I was pretty miffed when my kids ate cookies while I cooked the rice and broccoli. Then, they didn't want to eat dinner. Trae went as far as to throw his dinner at Grady on the floor. So, I took Trae to his room, put his jammies on, brushed his teeth and put him in Grady's crib so he couldn't get out! I was pretty proud of myself for not losing it. I didn't even yell. However, and apparently, it was obvious that I wasn't happy with the nights events. After dealing with Trae, Winni comes in singing some new song I hadn't heard before. It went something like this, "Is it nice to be the GROUCH!" I turned to her and said, "yes, it is!" Needless to say, everybody is in bed, and the grouch is heading there too!

5 comments:

Julie said...

That post made me laugh...that Winni is so Whitty.

Kamille said...

You have paitience that outdoes mine a hundred times over. Hang in there. They do grow fast, even if doesn't seem like it now.

Bekah said...

Hey Amber - It's Bekah Long (we went to school together). I just came across your blog and thought I would say hi. You have an adorable family.

Tamra said...

Wow impressive patience! The dinner sounds delicious, even had a green vegtable. I promise I would never throw your cooking on the floor.

Melinda said...

Sounds like you shouldn't cook dinner anymore. You're Tuesday seemed to go a lot better while you were doing a whole lot of nothing on the floor with your kids. Hope your back feels better! I can't believe Trae hasn't learned to climb out of the crib yet! You're lucky.