Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2 toddlers + 2 hours in a car = ornery fat momma!!

I believe I am officially nesting!! woo hoo!! My house is clean. I have this vision of being the most prepared woman to ever go into labor, leaving behind a houseful of foreign boys. I've got 10 meals in the freezer, I've got this weeks groceries bought, next weeks grocery list made to go along with the menu plan, clothes clean, blah blah blah blah blah blah!! I have a secret desire to vacuum every night, just in case I go into labor in the night, at least I'll leave a clean house. I can't sleep! I keep thinking about what I can get done to make life easier when I get home. I'm as ornery as ever! Nobody can do anything right, especially if they are living in my home and not blood related to me! I think I'm going crazy!! However, I don't remember this part of nesting. The part where you feel like a horrible mother and you convince yourself that the reason you haven't had your baby yet is because your baby doesn't want to come to a family where the mom screams!! We took Walter to the Dentist today in Layton and we waited in the car for him. I didn't know it was going to be 2 hours of me and 2 kids in the car! We made the most of the first hour, we had a picnic of crackers and apples, we sang songs and danced, and we enjoyed our little playhouse on wheels!



That is, until the car battery died!! So, we are 1 hour in, and I'm thinking Walter will be out any minute and we will be on our way. My kids are getting a little tired and ornery from being in the car for so long and I've completely lost my mind!! I've got them in time-out for the umpteenth time and Winni is trying to sneak out of time out! I look at her and start telling her she needs to listen to mommy, then I start crying and I tell her I've lost all patience! By the time Walter got to us, I had buckled the kids back in their carseats and I was sitting in the front seat eating dried mangoes, acting as if nothing was wrong! So, I guess that's everything off of my to-do list and my "I'm nesting" list. Bring on the baby!!

5 comments:

The Petersons said...

Good blog. I have one question. Why didn't you tell Walter about your frustrations and get some sympathy. You are a fantastic, patient, loving mother. May I suggest something thought. Don't plan on having this baby early as it will drive you crazy. Remember, our babies come with hair and it takes longer in the incubator to develop. Enjoy this time when you only have 2 kids to worry about.

Keep smiling and have faith, "this too will pass" as my mother use to say. I expect to hear from your asap when our baby comes.

Get you computer or whatever it takes for me to be there. You know I can call on skype and hang out with you.

Love Mom

Rebecca said...

Your amazing and a great mom. Don't doubt it, and if you do just ask any of us and we will remind you. You really are wonderful and this baby is so lucky to come to your family, your home, and you.

youreprettytoo said...

Shoot- you forgot to put on your nesting list-
fall and break your foot and have possible surgery.
Oh wait- you did that too this morning so now I guess you are ready for the baby.:) Really I am so sorry about your fall. Please call me for ANYTHING!

Jennifer Never said...

I'm calling you right now.

Drew said...

Best wishes Amber. I hope all goes well. I can't wait to see pictures of you and baby. Bridget