Monday, January 28, 2008

Well, another storm and no contractions! I think my baby is too smart to come during a storm, that's when it's cold!! Either this baby is on Walter's side and is waiting for tomorrow, so it can share a birthday with Winni, or it is listening to its mother and waiting for this weekend, so it can have the spotlight all to itself! Either way, I'm sure I'll be glad. I do have a strong desire to get my house clean and in order again, but I'm resisting it! Slowly I will get things done, but if I get too crazy I step on shovels and then I'm sitting around again! So, with these cravings to clean, I'll turn to my ice cream craving and take care of that one instead!

I do look forward to labor. For some reason, in that moment there is no where else I'd rather be. I think it's because I know it's almost over. 9 long months of waiting, and it's almost over. It's kind of like when you are planning for a vacation. I think my favorite part of the vacation is getting to the airport or getting to wherever we are going. Just the anticipation of the fun to come. I'm pretty sure I'm psychotic, but I don't think I'm alone in this one.

Winni is behind me eating lunch. I was just listening to her conversation with her fork and spoon, make that her fork and 2 spoons. Apparently the forks are the parents. She was holding a fork and spoon and had them facing each other. They are saying things like, "I'm so happy to see you, baby!" "I missed you" "I'm so proud of you!" "I love you so much!" I can't believe she will be 3 tomorrow. She is growing up so fast! She has been asking me to sing Happy Birthday to her all day today. They sang to her in church yesterday, so now she knows it's on! She is even giving herself presents, like the fingernail clippers she found and some hot pads.

3 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

She sure knows how to go all out for her 3rd birthday.. finger nail clippers and hot pads. Have her come over here and we'll surprise her with a sponge and some band-aids!

Julie said...

I'm tellin ya, you are going 9 days over. You deserve it.

Kamille said...

Okay - I am with you I enjoy the anticipation of a vacation as much if not more than the vacation itself. When things fall through sometimes I'm not always that sad because at least I still had the anticipation. Happy Labor!! You'll be awesome