Tuesday, January 8, 2008

When I was in Young Women's, someone gave me this quote that I loved and it made me feel better about myself as a virgin lips club member!! I have always kept it in my scriptures. However, I have since gotten new scriptures and I'm not so sure where the old ones are?!? The other day I was cleaning around my desk and, although I didn't find my scriptures, I found this quote laying on the ground. As I read it, I was reminded of how good it made me feel as a young girl, and still does, as a woman who waited for marriage before intimacy.

"The flower by the roadside that catches the dust of every traveller is not the one to be admired and is seldom, if ever, plucked. But the one blooming away up on the hillside, protected by the perpendicular cliff is the one flower with the pure perfume, the one the boy will almost risk his life to posses."
~ David O. McKay~

I share that quote here so that I can always remember it, and so I know where it is to share with my daughter(s). I shared it with Walter and he laughed!! He said, "they must pass this quote around so the ugly girls feel better about themselves!" ah!! I let him know he married one of those ugly girls! And, if he's lucky, his daughter will grow up to be one of those ugly girls too!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow I love that quote. I have never heard it but it is perfect.

The Petersons said...

You weren't ugly. They are special, protected daughters of Heavenly Father. Walter, you are one of the lucky ones..