Sunday, January 13, 2008

Somewhere along the way, I've taught my kids about seatbelts and safety. Saturday night Walter and I decided to go visit the new hospital to see where we are supposed to go, in the event that I actually have this baby!! Well, we called Blake to have him watch the kids for a minute. So, we put the kids in the car. We didn't buckle them in, just set them in their seats and told them to stay! I know, I'm a horrible mother!! Endangering my kids and all. We back out of our driveway and Winni starts getting worried...."buckle me in!! I'm not buckled in!" We laughed and told her it was ok this time. We continue to back out of our driveway, drive to the next house and pull into their driveway. "We're here!" (lazy parent moments, I know!!) By this time Winni has gotten comfortable with the idea of no car seats and is standing up at the van door. As we pulled into Brockbanks driveway Winni got knocked over and bumped her head on the window! "ouch!" She still thought it was funny. We open the sliding door and I go to get Trae out. The poor child is still terrified! He is sitting in his car seat, sideways, with his arm hugging the shoulder straps of his car seat. He is holding on for dear life, certain that his parents have gone nuts!! I had to talk him into letting go and letting me take him into the house. As soon as we got to the Brockbanks front door he jumped down and took off running! Well, I guess I've trained him right! I'm just not sure how much damage we did to him last night!!

3 comments:

Kamille said...

Isn't it fun to corrupt your children. Of course I always wake up the next day and think, where are they getting this from. Countdown to your baby. I'm excited for you.

Jennifer Never said...

Thats so cute! He has the same reaction to our dog. He has such a good terrified face too!!

youreprettytoo said...

Was he twisting his wrists in anxiety like he did when he fell down my stairs?